I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth-Psalms 121:1-2





When it all began...

Life on a red dirt road began for Martin on October 17, 1980, the day he was born. For me it began on July 17, 2004, the day we were married. Although it's a bit dusty, it's full of blessings.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Perils of a Dirt Road

Living on a dirt road certainly comes with a few hazards. Snakes, the "curve," and "the creeks up," are just a few. My two favorite stories about the dirt road involve a kindergarten teacher and her lunch, and a police officer.

Lunch to a teacher who only gets a few minutes to eat is very important. If you forget your lunch you are left with two options: brave the lunch room or head to Baseline for some fast food. Well a few years ago I was late for school, like normal, and realized as I was flying down the road that I had forgotten my lunch. Now, I don't remember what it was but it must of been pretty good because what do I do? I turn around. But not at the end of the road, in the middle. So as I back my jeep up I roll off into the ditch. No problem right? I throw it in gear and as my Daddy says, "Give it h***!" But as you probably guessed, I was stuck!!!! So first I call Mrs. Tucker, my favorite secretary, and tell her that my excuse for being late is that I'm stuck on my road!!! Then I call my dear sweet husband to come pull me out. Martin went from laughing, to being angry, to laughing again. He got my out and I made it to school with my YUMMY lunch!

Living on a dirt road, it is absolutely pointless to wash your car, especially after snow or a rainy week. People at school are always asking me when I'm gonna wash it. They just don't understand. My mother-in-law keeps her car pretty clean, but I choose not to drive as slowly down the road, lol. A few months ago, after the snow, my jeep was REALLY dirty! It wasn't on my priority list to clean until after one night driving home from Little Rock. As I topped Dixon road I saw blue light in my mirror. When the officer came to the window he asked, "Mam, do you know why I pulled you over?" Of course I thought I was speeding, but I said " No sir" His response: "I can't read you license plate." Can you believe that!!!!!! I about fell out! I promptly promised to wash it ASAP, and he allowed me to go on without a warning. So did I wash it? Well yes, but until two weeks later. I just took a towel and cleaned off the license plate, lol.

1 comment:

  1. i tell you this, i hope you are "craving" that cake on wednesday as much as you were craving that lunch! but don't get stuck in a ditch to get it :)
    hope you trip is going well! see you wednesday!

    ReplyDelete