I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth-Psalms 121:1-2





When it all began...

Life on a red dirt road began for Martin on October 17, 1980, the day he was born. For me it began on July 17, 2004, the day we were married. Although it's a bit dusty, it's full of blessings.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life is Changing

Well Life for Martin and I is changing! For me, big changes all seem to occur at the same time. In 2004, I graduated college, got married, moved to a new town, gained a new church family, and got a job teaching kindergarten. And now in 2010, BIG changes are headed my way again.

After 6 years of marriage, The Lord has blessed us. Martin and I are going to have a baby! The baby is due one week before Christmas on Dec 18th, which is actually the day we got engaged. It's also Jessica's birthday, so of course she's praying it's on time, lol. I told Martin that the Christmas tree may go up in October and not come down until Easter! (I have to put it up before I can't!)

Martin and I had agreed years ago that when we started a family, I would also move to a school closer to home. So in the spring I began applying. Now I have officially accepted a job as a first grade teacher at Sheridan Elementary. After teaching in southwest Little Rock for 6 years, Sheridan will be a big change, but I'm so excited about all the possibilities. Not only am I moving schools, but I'm also changing grade levels. I've always taught kindergarten, and loved it! But I love guided reading and I can't wait to not have to tie shoes all day, lol.

It is bitter sweet to leave my Chicot family and the school where I "cut my teeth." There was never a dull moment, and that's for sure!

Ready or not changes are coming!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!You are going to LOVE being a mommy! and Congratulations on your new job!

    ReplyDelete