I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth-Psalms 121:1-2





When it all began...

Life on a red dirt road began for Martin on October 17, 1980, the day he was born. For me it began on July 17, 2004, the day we were married. Although it's a bit dusty, it's full of blessings.

Monday, March 29, 2010

At the End of the Road...


As I begin this blog of our life on a red dirt road, I feel that I must describe what our dusty road looks like, and why we love it.

When Martin and I first began dating I would park on the main road and my "knight in shining armor" would pick me up in his "chariot" and drive me to his "castle" at the end of the road. I eventually gave that up and just accepted having a dirty car.

When you first turn onto our road, you will find yourself on the largest hill in the county and because of that fact you will see a water tower. It sounds really country when you say, "turn by the water tower." I keep thinking that one day Martin will paint "Martin loves Cindy" in John Deer Green, but it hasn't happened yet. From the water tower to my door step it is exactly 1.5 miles.

Continuing on down the hill, you will cross the first of two creeks and then you will round "The Curve". "The Curve," as we like to call it, has taken out many folks, including all of my brother-in-laws girlfriends. I for one have never went round in "The Curve."

On down the road, you will find a large cut over. It used to consist of large very beautiful trees, but one by one we watched the logging company cut them down. You are also likely to encounter wildlife in this area, deer, rabbits, hogs, foxes, snakes and the occasional hunting dog.

If you manage to avoid the wildlife, you will soon cross the second creek. This creek is Sadie's favorite swimming hole. On our long walks she races to the creek to take a little dip. It's these long walks on beautiful days that I love the most about our road. Sadie can run free without a leash, there's only the occasional car, and it's so peaceful. It's not uncommon to come upon deer feeding.

Once you round a sharp 90 degree curve you will find our home. And like I did, you will not just find a couple of houses, but a family. A family that not only loves each other, but loves The Lord.

2 comments:

  1. i think you forgot to describe how you keep driving until you think the real big foot could come out at any moment. from my memory, it is between "the curve" and cut over ;)
    very cute cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I would love to live on a road with all my children! You and family are blessed!

    ReplyDelete