I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth-Psalms 121:1-2





When it all began...

Life on a red dirt road began for Martin on October 17, 1980, the day he was born. For me it began on July 17, 2004, the day we were married. Although it's a bit dusty, it's full of blessings.

Monday, June 4, 2012

A New Home

Front Elevation
A new adventure is about to begin...Home building! YIKES!
Martin and I have lived happily in our little trailer for almost 8 years now, and even added onto it to make room for Aubrey.  Now, we're finally to a point where we are ready to build our permanent home (here on Earth anyway).

Because this is the only house we'll ever build and we'll live in it until the "end," We want to get it right.  Martin will be the general contractor, so hopefully we'll save a little money! I'm really anxious about picking out paint, cabinets, floors, appliances, etc. I'm not real design savy, so this makes me incredibly nervous! I've been searching the "Houzz" app daily. The picture above is the house we picked out online and then had the floor plan adapted to fit our wants and needs.  I tried to include the picture of the floor plan but I couldn't figure out how to upload a PDF file. 

We're hoping to get started in late summer.  As we start, I'll do my best to post pictures. 

3 comments: